Re: Direct Debt and Other Problems

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 13 May 1998 14:55:35 -0700

Just as a side note. The 2.2 line of Emerald hasn't been
modified for about 6 months, atleast. The recent 2.2.42 was a
quick patch for a payments problem that about three customers have
seen (most will not). I do NOT recommend running 2.2.42 unless
you have the payments problems. Stick with 2.2.38, since its the
most stable.

Will LaSala wrote:

> I have a question about Direct Debt.
> I just download 2442 and noticed quite a few new clean ups.
> I looks good...I like the fact that the main window now disappears when your
> in an account.
> I also noticed that you cleaned up the billing section...it looks good

The additions you are noting are some of the pre 2.5 changes we
made. We dropped 2.2 for a complete re-work in 2.5. Thats why its
taken so long.

> However, I was wondering if you could add a section for Direct Debt Checking
> Accounts
> We run them here. They require the Name on the Check and The Name of the
> Bank
> The ABA Number (up to 9 numbers at the bottom of the check..the first set of
> numbers) and
> The Account Number (up to 13 numbers at the bottom of the check...the second
> set of numbers...the third set is not needed since it is the check number)
> I saw a new item called Bank Transfer I'm assuming that this is what it was
> meant for.

These will be available in 2.5. We are not updating 2.2 anymore.

> Next time for some problems I'm having with Emerald Admin.
> When I am in the config database section I'm getting 2 problems.
> The first more serious problem is that when I click on the tab Billing
> Groups,
> I get an error that says
> Run-time error '424'
> Object required
> Then the program quits out.

You can use the earlier admin to get around this problem.

> Second when I click on the tab Billing Cycles
> I get an error
> SQL Server Error: 208 Invalid object name 'BillingCycles'.
> State = 1, Severity = 16
> But then it lets me work around in the program anyways.

Just ignore the Billing Cycles tab altogether. It has nothing
useful on it.