Re: Call Consolidation Problems

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 12:54:29 -0700

Ronnie D. Franklin wrote:

> I had the same problem several times....
>
> I now run the following script Before I do Consolidation.. and have never
> had the problem again....
>
> delete radlogs where radlogmsgid > 0

The above doesn't do much (its an error). Even if you have the FROM
clause in there, it would negate the next statement.

> Go
> Delete From RadLogs Where DateDiff(Day, LogDate, GetDate()) > 2

I do this (actually > 7) on a nighly basis as a scheduled task.

> Go
> Delete From Calls Where AcctStatusType=1

Same here. Run this nightly as well.

> Go
> Delete From Calls
> Where NOT Exists
> (Select Login From SubAccounts
> Where SubAccounts.Login = Calls.Username
> OR SubAccounts.Shell = Calls.Username
> OR SubAccounts.Email = Calls.Username )
> Go

This is interesting, but you might want to do a summary of these and
save it beforehand to see if something is getting by that you might want
to look into.

> I realize that some of the above script probably duplicates what is done in
> consolidation and some are not necessary...., but I have not had to "jump
> through hoops" to get consolidation to work since I began running it...

Actually, most of this is just typical DB maintenance. I have been working
on put a lot of this into the Emerald admin on Emerald 2.5.