Re: Manual Call Consolidation via MS Query

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 13:31:32 -0700

Duane Schaub wrote:

> In Radadmn, on the first tab, there is a place for a check mark that says
> "Stop records only". This only works on SQL. If you have access, the
> online tab will not update. We have been using this for a while without
> problems and it reduces the number of records in the calls table.

The Stop Records only option can actually incurr a performance issue
with heavy hit RadiusNT servers (since an Update is way more expensive
than an INSERT is). We just run a scheduled task every night to
clear out the stop records and it works well.

The MS Access problem is also fixed in the latest RadiusNT 2.5
build. I believe there was an issue with even SQL Server is
that it wasn't updating the calls online with that option
enabled.