Re: I.Q. about RadiusNT 2.2

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 06 Apr 1998 16:14:36 -0700

ori wrote:

> Thanks for answering, Dale.
> Don't misunderstand me, I do think your product is good, but I have my
> doubts.

I don't know what doubts you can have. The RadiusNT (as accounting goes)
just records whatever the NAS sends it. There really isn't a lot of
choices or options. The "accuracy" of the account is COMPLETELY the
responsibility of the NAS, NOT RadiusNT. Therefore, I would guess
if your accounting records are inaccurate, you are pointing the
finger at the wrong thing.

> You still didn't answer my fourth question.

The fourth question didn't have a lot of relevance to the issue.

RadiusNT 2.5 is no more accurate than RadiusNT 1.16.60 or 2.2,
for the reason noted above. They all will produce the same results
assuming whatever is sending the RADIUS packets sends the packets
the same way to each one.