Re: Variable Login Limits not working w/ISDN??

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 06 Apr 1998 12:04:17 -0700

Scott Lagos wrote:

> We have a strange situation where it appears that the
> concurrency/LoginLimit is working for our analog callers but not for our
> callers opening two channels on an ISDN connection.

Use the Port-Limit attribute in combination with the MPP connection.
Much of the newer ISDN stuff uses simultaneous MPP dialing, which means
both channels go out at the same time. The accounting typically does
NOT beat the two auths. Port-Limit will restrict the number of MPP
channels that they can bring up.

> The subaccount we are noticing this happening on has LoginLimit set to 1
> yet they are opening two ports. They appear in the CallsOnline query
> twice, each with a start record. An manual inspection of the PM3 running
> 3.7.2 confirms that the account is truely online twice - assuming it is a
> MPP connection. Other particulars of this account are that they are static
> IP account with unlimited time.

See above.

> Analog accounts that try to connect more than once get the expected user
> already logged in x times - so we know that LoginLimit is working at that
> point. Also, accounts that have LoginLimits set to more than one are
> allowed to login more than once as you would expect.

ISDN dialing/authentication (with MPP) is very fast. Therefore, its
not always possible to do MPP control with just concurrency.