Re: Radlog files in Emerald/SQL

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 21 Mar 1998 22:05:03 -0800

Majordomo@essex1.com wrote:

> Hi;
> We have been using RadiusNT with Access97 for a while now. Except for an
> occasional lockup is works great (the locks seem to be database/odbc related).
> We are thinking about changing over to SQL and Emerald. After looking at
> the Emerald download we have a couple of questions.

> Does Emerald have any way of looking at the Radius log file? I notice the
> SQL version of RadLog does not seem to have a 'Data' field like our Access
> version. Since a very large percentage of all our tech calls turn out to be
> misspelled usernames and passwords we have to have access to this database.
> I can setup Access to see this table, but if it doesn't list what our user
> is entering for their password it won't be nearly as useful. Is there
> anyway to add this field?

RadiusNT 2.2 changes the database schema for the RadLogs table. Emerald 2.1
didn't have this field. You can simply add it and it will work fine. The
Emerald 2.5 update script will add the field if its not there. Meanwhile,
just run this:

ALTER TABLE RadLogs
ADD Data varchar (50) NULL DEFAULT NULL
GO

> What is the best way of exporting data from Access 97 to the Emerald SQL
> tables? I've seen this covered before in this group (I think), but I can't
> find it when I search back through my mailbox.

If you are familiar with databases, you can move it yourself. However,
there isn't a trivial way to do it. Emerald has many more fields that
the MS Access database had. We have done many database conversions for
customers, and offer our services to Emerald customers. Its highly
recommended to have us do it, since we know both database formats and
can ensure the resulting database will be functional.