Re: Resolving of customer IP's

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 01:59:34 -0800

Steve Williams wrote:

> We recently had a situation where the RadiusNT service decided to play silly
> buggers and screw up, which required us to remove the service and re-install

Is that a technical description? I really can't even imagine what that
actually means (technically, what happened?).

> the service, which of course cleared all the settings, which of course meant
> a morning of frustration trying to get the danged thing working properly
> again.

Re-installing RadiusNT as a service would have ONLY changed the mode
setting. Nothing else except the Administrator knows about writing
to the other registry settings (not even un-installing RadiusNT
from the Add/Remove programs in Control panel will change the
registry.