Re: Resource Management on USR boxes

Brian Lube ( brian@mpinet.net )
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 18:06:38 -0500

I would suggest Accounting-on, if that is what most NAS' send out when the
first boot up. This would guarantee that the ports are clear in Radius
(because you know that they are clear on the NAS since it just booted up).
Is there any way that we can check to see if the USR NAS sends out that
kind of signal on bootup (any way to see if a Radius call is made that is) ?

Thanks!

At 02:49 PM 3/12/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Brian wrote:
>>
>> USR has something called Resource management that they use for when a box
>> reboots/crashes. It sends some sort of information to the Radius program
>> to alert it of the NASPort's states. Does anyone know if RadiusNT supports
>> this 'command' at all?
>
>RadiusNT will clear the ports for a NAS if it receives an AcctSessionID
>that is all zeros. Livingston, for example, does this. I haven't
>figured out whether it should clear the ports on receipt of an
>Accounting-On or Accounting-Off. I'm open to suggestions.
>
>--
>Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)

Brian Lube
senior technician