RE: Radius Nt with SQL 6.5, Transaction Logs filling up

Benjamin Tallman ( )
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 13:03:50 -0800

Try a dbcc checkdb on that table. That should reset the counters.
You'll then need to restart the SQL Server process. There is a bit of a
bug where SQL Server will report a full log even after it has been

Benjamin Tallman
Solid Technology, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Miller []
Sent: Monday, March 02, 1998 12:42 PM
Subject: Radius Nt with SQL 6.5, Transaction Logs filling up

We are running RadiusNT 2.2 with ODBC to a SQL 6.5 database. Our
and log devices are seperate. Our database size is set at 500 MB and
log device was set at 500 MB. This morning, after only three weeks of
running time since we brought up the database, our transaction log
full, even though only 78MB of our database is being used. The worst
is that I could not dump the transaction log to clear it and get it back
0 MB. As a result I have set the log size to 1GB until I can find a way
clear it.

Attempting to run a DUMP TRANSACTION or do a truncate on the log only
results in it's size getting bigger! I also checked to see if there
any open transactions, which there are not. Still, I can't get rid of
transaction log, nor do I know why it is so big to begin with.

I researched the archives of this list, and tried every suggestion, but
still have a >500 MB log. Is there anyone who can help get the size of
this log reduced?

--=================================================  /\                          Mike A. Miller /--\         \/              Abraxis Networks/    \ B R A  /\ I S             /      N E T W O R K S