Re: odbc logging

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 07 Feb 1998 01:31:40 -0800

iml@interconnect.net wrote:

> I inserted a data field in the radlogs table
> no key - columnname data - datatype varchar - size 50 - nulls checked
> - default nothing

Good.

> I also stopped the radius service removed the LOGFILE in radius
> directory and restarted radius. These were some of the things I was
> able to dig up and read in the mailing list archives. However, still
> no data in the emerald database only the LOGFILE in the radius
> directory that keeps coming back.

The RadLogs table should receive entries for mostly bad logins.
If you use radlogin with a bad login/password, you should see
the "insert into radlogs()" statement in the debug.

> Are you saying I cannot log into the database if I run radius as an NT
> service until version 2.5?

2.5 does not do extended logging into the database. It still
uses the RadLogs table for generic user information. Its just
able to redirect all the information typically going to the
screen in -x15 debug to a file for accounting and a file for
authentication. This is in addition to the logfile it currently
users.