Re: odbc logging

iml@interconnect.net
Sat, 07 Feb 1998 02:32:16 -0600

On Fri, 06 Feb 1998 23:54:59 -0800, you wrote:

>iml@interconnect.net wrote:
>>=20
>> We have searched and searched and cannot find out how to log extended
>> Radius info in our SQL database.
>>=20
>> We checked off all the check option in the debug section of
>> radiusadmin.
>>=20
>> We do get a very vanilla file called LOGFILE in the radius directory.
>> However, the tables described in the documentation are unpopulated on
>> our Emerald database.
>>=20
>> I stopped and started the radius server after I checked all the
>> options in the radiusadmin
>
>The debug currently only works for foreground mode. RadiusNT 2.5
>will have the ability to log everything to a file, even when running
>as a service. You might want to make sure your RadLogs table
>has a data field, as that will prevent RadiusNT 2.2 from inserting
>information into that table.

I inserted a data field in the radlogs table
no key - columnname data - datatype varchar - size 50 - nulls checked
- default nothing

I also stopped the radius service removed the LOGFILE in radius
directory and restarted radius. These were some of the things I was
able to dig up and read in the mailing list archives. However, still
no data in the emerald database only the LOGFILE in the radius
directory that keeps coming back.

I can run a SELECT * from radlogs=20
which results in nothing being returned.....any other ideas?

Are you saying I cannot log into the database if I run radius as an NT
service until version 2.5?