Re: Accounting and RadiusNT

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 11:09:05 -0800

ACCS Internet wrote:

> We are running the latest version of NTRadius and using them in conjunction

Hmmmm. We do have a product called RadiusNT. :) NTRadius is not the
same thing. That would be like calling WindowsNT, NTWindows. <GRIN>

> with
> Cisco 2511's. We have the following line in our router to enable accounting,
> aaa accounting network start-stop radius
> I can monitor the stuff going on in the router by typing in "term mon" then
> typing in "debug aaa accounting" and it appears that it is sending out the
> information just fine. Though in our calls table nothing gets put in. I
> have populated the Server ports table with each on of our NAS ID's and have
> the ports numbered 1 through 16. I am assuming that the ports are related
> to the number of async ports on our routers and start numbering from 1 to
> 16 instead of 0 to 15.
> I turn on the radius -x15 debug mode and all I see is authentication
> information and this single error. SQL Fetch error: 100 . But I see no
> accounting info at all. Can anyone help?

There are two things to check. Make sure you have the services
file entries in. Otherwise the default port for accounting will be
incorrect. Do you see a warning about "no entry in your services
file when you start in -x15 debug mode? What port did you set
the accounting to go to? The above isn't really an erorr. The
second number (which you ommitted) is most likely 0000, which
means no error. RadiusNT will display that when it can't find any
users matching the login information.