Re: Problem with Calls Online... Sometimes disappear eventhough client is online.

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 12:54:15 -0500

> From: Rudy Komsic <rudyk@cyberglobe.net>
>
> I have noticed that when my USR Total Control Chassis is Full (47 Users
> online) I usually get on the Calls Online tab in Emerald about 40-44
> users.... I check on the Netserver and there are actual 47 Users online.
> Why is Emerald's Database losing this information?!

Could your database be full? I had the same problem a couple days ago--the
Data-portion of my db filled up and there was no more room to insert data
into the db, so the CallsOnline thought that there were a few people who
were online that had actually disconnected. Because the users were still
listed (and we use concurrency limiting), these people couldn't log back in
because a STOP record was never received, so Emerald couldn't release the
online view. After manually clearing them, I wiped out several thousand
records in the Calls table and everything was normal afterward. Another
option is to increase the db size...

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com