Re: Truncating SQL tables

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 21:30:46 -0800

Andras Tudos - Computronic, C3 wrote:

> What is the most efficient method to keep the calls table below a specific
> size? Our problem: if we run a copy and delete query, then during the
> delete process nobody can log in and RadiusNT hangs (sometimes it recovers,
> sometimes not). Any ideas?
>
> For example it would be a great help if we could define a backup user with
> attributes to be returned for all incoming calls when SQL Server is
> unreachable. This way all SQL maintenance could be done without
> interrupting the user service. (I know we could have a second SQL Server,
> but ...)

What you want to do is make sure that your primary authentication
server does NOT receive any accounting requests. Setup three servers:

#1: Primary authentication
#2: primary accounting
#3: secondary authentication
secondary accounting

In this scenario, server #1 never gets stopped when working on
the calls table and everything works fine. We are working on
removing the need for a third server in the next release of
RadiusNT.

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com