Re: Bay RAC 8000 Problem with AcctStatusType

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 16:49:57 -0800

Thomas Suiter wrote:

> We are trying to use a Bay RAC 8000 with software ver 14.1.7 and we are
> getting some really weird information, we keep getting an Aritmetic
> overflow error when Radius trys to insert into calls. The
> AcctStatusType field is allways about 9 characters which doesn't work
> with tiny-int. Before I go hog wild and change the AcctStatusType from
> tiny-int to something else, is this normal a normal return for Bay?

Yes, its normal. Bay decided to add some rather larger Acct-Status-Type
numbers for different kind of accounting status messages. Since
RadiusNT won't respond to the requests (insert failed), youd have to
either convice bay to stick with the RFC or change the size in the
calls table.

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com