Re: SQLOLE error

Andras Tudos - Computronic, C3 ( (no email) )
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 02:53:09 +0100

At 17:40 98.01.11 -0800, you wrote:
>Andras Tudos - Computronic, C3 wrote:
>>
>> sorry for the off-topic question: I am running RadiusNT with MS SQL Server
>> 6.5 and I get the following error when trying to start SQL Enterprise
>> Manager on the server:
>>
>> The SQLOLE OLE object could not be registered. Class not registered
>> (80040154)
>>
>> On another (remote) machine it runs fine, but lacks some functionality. I
>> was looking for a solution on all possible online forums, but found
>> nothing. I reinstalled the SQL server package: no change. I already started
>> to compare the registries, but no success yet. Anyone has an idea that I
>> could try?
>
>I had a problem once like this. The only way I could solve the problem
>was to un-install SQL Server, re-install it, and then re-install the
>Service Pack for SQL Server. The OLE Object isn't a registry entry,
>its and object actually in your master database itself.

Than its even more strange, since the other machine - where it is running
almost fine - has NO actual server on it, only the utilities. It is
accessing the same database over a TCP/IP network. I already reinstalled
SQL server, but it didn't help. That's why I was suspecting a registry
problem. Now I installed SP4, but it didn't help either. I can't reinstall
the full server... :-(((

Andras Tudos
C3, Budapest