Re: SQLOLE error

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sun, 11 Jan 1998 17:40:00 -0800

Andras Tudos - Computronic, C3 wrote:

> sorry for the off-topic question: I am running RadiusNT with MS SQL Server
> 6.5 and I get the following error when trying to start SQL Enterprise
> Manager on the server:
>
> The SQLOLE OLE object could not be registered. Class not registered
> (80040154)
>
> On another (remote) machine it runs fine, but lacks some functionality. I
> was looking for a solution on all possible online forums, but found
> nothing. I reinstalled the SQL server package: no change. I already started
> to compare the registries, but no success yet. Anyone has an idea that I
> could try?

I had a problem once like this. The only way I could solve the problem
was to un-install SQL Server, re-install it, and then re-install the
Service Pack for SQL Server. The OLE Object isn't a registry entry,
its and object actually in your master database itself.

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com