Re: USR (3 Com) Netserver 8/I plus

Tim Pitman ( timdp@tdpnet.com )
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 15:41:36 -0600

Ted,

Here is everything I had to do, and yes it will affect all NASs.

1) Don't worry about changing User-Service to User-Service-Type, this does
not matter.
2) You must have these entries for the 8/I plus:
Framed-Address = 0.0.0.0
Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.255
3) Here is an example of my config (Note: this does not work on the non
"plus" model(OS version 3.2.5) requires OS 4.00.13 or newer, either upgrade
or delete Framed-Address config)
User-Service = Framed-User (2)
Framed-Protocol = PPP (1)
Session-Timeout = 28800 (28800)
Idle-Timeout = 1200 (1200)
Framed-Address = 0.0.0.0 (0)
Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.255 (0)
Framed-Routing = Framed-Routing (0)
Framed-MTU = Framed-MTU (1500)
Framed-Compression = Framed-Compression (1)

Add these to your RadATConfigs Table as account type for default users.

The Netserver 8/I plus also appends the logon name to the Acct-Session-Id so
depending on the allowed length of usernames on your system, you will
probably have to increase the size of this field in the Calls Table, I did.
I increased this to Varchar 25. If you don't do this all Account Data will
be rejected and the CallOnline Table will not work. If your using SQL don't
forget to include triggers when you drop and recreate the Calls Table.