Re: prevent users use static IP address

Toma Belichki ( (no email) )
Mon, 29 Dec 1997 10:41:17 +0020

> Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 10:32:19 -0800
> From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <>
> Subject: Re: prevent users use static IP address
> Toma Belichki wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> > How could I force users to use the IP address pool from my access
> > router, or alternatively how to force radius assign Ip addr. to the
> > dial-up users.
> > The problem is that some malicious users put in their settings
> > static IP addr. instead to use server assigned IP addr.
> > Now I use radius attribute Framed-Address. with value
> > which force my Cisco router to permit users login
> > only with addresses from the ip pool, but I do not like that solution
> > because Cisco does not send acct. inf about the IP adress of the
> > user.
> If they put in anything accept "assigned" their dialup will
> fail and they should not get connected. Is this not the case
> of what is happening?
If they put 'server assigned' IP addr. it's ok, but If
they 'specify' an IP address (Win95 DUN) they again connect - with
that IP addr. To prevent that I put a radius attribute -
Framed-Address - - now if they have 'specify' an IP
addr. they don't get connected.
Is there any other solution to prevent users 'specify' their IP
All my users use dynamic IP addr.