Re: time limit

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 10:35:53 -0800

Steve Williams wrote:

> The snag is that Time Left is not updated till after the user hangs up. So
> say the user has three minutes left. They dial up and stay on-line for as
> long as they desire (or the phone line noise gets so bad the modems give up,
> whichever comes first). When the user is finally gone, the Time Left now
> is -250 minutes.

RadiusNT includes a Session-Timeout (or you can tell it to use the
stupid, not RFC Ascend-Session-Limit) when time banking is enabled
which is the lesser of Time-Left or an included Session-Timeout.

> Snag number two. If Time Left is not used, total time on-line is not
> calculated till the next Call Consolidation is done. This is why we do a
> call consolidation at 2am every morning. At least then the hours on-line
> are up to date to the last twenty-four hour period. I believe call
> consolidation is being re-worked, or scrapped, in the next version. We
> shall just have to wait and see.

This is only for completed billing cycles. You can see total time on-line
for non-completed billing cycles via the time-on tab.

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com