Re: logging off

radius@mail1.mail.gcnet.net
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 11:01:03 +0000

> Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 11:30:47 -0800
> From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea.com>
> To: RadiusNT@iea-software.com
> Subject: Re: logging off

> radius@lh3web.mail.gcnet.net wrote:
> >
> > I am using RadiusNT 2.2 on NT 4.0 Server SP3. Whenever I" Close all
> > Programs and log on as a different user NT forces me to end the
> > radius.exe program. Most services do not shut down when you log off.
> > Is this normal for RadiusNT? It creates a real security problem if
> > you can't log off and continue to authenticate uses coming into your
> > sysem. Also, exactly when does the service start when you turn on
> > the server, if the RadiusNT service is set to start automatically
> > does it start when the server is turned on or does it wait until a
> > user logs on?
>
> You are not starting RadiusNT as a service. Go into the Administrator
> and install the service, then type:
>
> net start radiusnt
>
> from a command line and it will start.
>
> --
> Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea.com)

It does not matter if I start the service from a command line as you
suggested (I get the response that the service is started and it
works) or if I start it manually from the control panel or if I set
it to start automatically from the control panel. In all cases it
starts and runs error free and with no problems, but if I try to log
off a box opens telling me that the application radius.exe is not
responding and asking if I want to end the task.