Re: Slower MS SQL server

Jeff Binkley ( jeff.binkley@asacomp.com )
Mon, 08 Dec 1997 08:13:00 -0500

Our rule of thumb for Sybase w/128 megs of physical memory is to
allocate 80 megs to Sybase. Have you fired up Performance Monitor to
see where the paging activity is coming from (SQL server or NT) ? ALso
does SQL server have an query profiling tools to let you know how
effective the queries you are running are ? What is this database being
used for (report, queries etc..) ? SOme type of breakdown would be
helpful.

Jeff Binkley
ASA Network Computing

CMPQwk 1.42 9999