Re: RARAS Accounting Info

Danny Sinang ( (no email) )
Sat, 6 Dec 1997 08:04:18 -0000

David,

I am running RRAS successfully now after much effort. Here's what I did. I
used ODBC mode and and I modified the relationship between the Servers and
Calls table. Instead of Servers:IPAddress relating to Calls:NasIdentifier,
I used Servers:Server to Calls:NasIdentifier. This made authentication work
since it makes use of the machine ( NetBIOS ) name instead of the NAS IP
address.

Then to get Concurrency Control, I did this: I added an entry in
RADATConfigs. Here it is: PPP, 4, 172.31.1.1 ( which is my one and only
RRAS machine's address ).

Of course, this is assuming you got the right RRAS fix.

Let me know if this works for you too.

- Danny Sinang

----------
> From: David Harris <dharris@stargate.1starnet.com>
> To: RadiusNT@iea-software.com
> Subject: Re: RARAS Accounting Info
> Date: Saturday, December 06, 1997 1:02 AM
>
> Dale,
>

> Since I didn't get an answer to my last question I have decided to go
all
> positive on the list and propose a solution to the RARAS problem, the way
> read the RFC for accounting, you are in compliance when you send either
> attribute 4 (NAS IP Address) OR attribute 32 (Machine Name) or BOTH...
USR