Re: DNS problem

Danny Sinang ( (no email) )
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 01:20:36 +0800

I just changed my serial number already to 1998041601

Can you explain what my upstream might have changed that caused this problem
?

And what problems could a wrong serial number cause ?

- Danny

-----Original Message-----
From: Juergen Weiss <weiss@wwweiss.de>
To: ntisp@emerald.iea.com <ntisp@emerald.iea.com>
Date: Thursday, April 16, 1998 12:55 AM
Subject: Re: DNS problem

I would expect that your upstream has made some changes which cause your
problems (look to the serial number in the SOA of mozcom.com). As your TTL
is 2 days some other nameservers have cached your data. From these sites you
can reach your site but everyone who gets first to your site (means his
nameserver first queries your domain) gets an error.

Btw. I think your serialnumber in your SOA has not enough digits. This might
also cause some problems. I would recommend to use something like yyyymmddnn
(year, month, day, number)