Re: USR staff berates customers

Michael Whisenant ( mwhisen@airnet.net )
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 16:47:01 -0500

Not only should he publically appoligize, as he stated he would do, he
should discount the comments. Why?

Netservers at 8,000
Support at 2,500

Well these prices are very out of date. List pricing on support is now
1800 per chassis, and the 2681 bundle is 10,800 so why pay 8,000 for a
netserver, and individual cards carry a 40 pts discount. I am a strong
supporter of a company paying for the support. I think every ISP should
pay the typical 10% for support which includes SPARE-IN-THE-AIR products
that are the cornerstone of ones business. Rather than tee off about the
support policies of USR, why not be more productive by asking how to
resolve the problem? I typically do not monitor the newsgroup, but I do
receive this list. I have contributed to others with problems with USR
equipment and have asked questions also. Lets please work to find
solutions... I for one can get enough flames from every list that talks
about equipment from the vendors.

Also the claim about an ISP paying 10K for equipment is weak, yes you paid
good money, but look at the technology that is required and the millions of
R&D to produce a product. I want the least cost product, sure! But I
demand a product to work, and a company that can support the product and is
forward thinking on how to leverage the platform.

Take the Total Control Chassis, it was originally a quad modem chassis,
that grew to PRI, that includes x2, cell capable, remote managed, then
xDSL, now VOIP, multi-sessions per DSP.... great product!! And the beef is
not that they do or do not support the product, it is just the fact the
folks who pay get their answers first.