RE: problems routing to new NT server

Eric Cowperthwaite ( eric@valleynetworking.com )
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 11:31:55 -0700

Well Rick,

Damnit, it was something stupid, the netmask was set to 255.255.0.0 rather than
255.255.255.0. You gotta hate when you overlook something so obvious. Thanks
for the pointer.

Eric W. Cowperthwaite
Intellinet, Inc.
Sys Engineer

-----Original Message-----
From: Ric Castagna [SMTP:ric@viperlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 1998 10:54 AM
To: ntisp@emerald.iea.com
Subject: Re: problems routing to new NT server

If it were me, I'd start at the really stupid stuff...

1) Does the new server see all of the other machines on the network/domain?

2) Is the subnet mask different on the new machine than on the others? (ie.
new one => 255.255.255.0 rest of network => 255.255.255.192)

3) Is the IP address correct in the new machine?

4) Is it looking to be authenticated and become a member of the same domain
that the dial-up users do?

Those would be the easiest places to look at...

/ric