Re: problems routing to new NT server

Ric Castagna ( ric@viperlink.net )
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 13:54:20 -0400

If it were me, I'd start at the really stupid stuff...

1) Does the new server see all of the other machines on the network/domain?

2) Is the subnet mask different on the new machine than on the others? (ie.
new one => 255.255.255.0 rest of network => 255.255.255.192)

3) Is the IP address correct in the new machine?

4) Is it looking to be authenticated and become a member of the same domain
that the dial-up users do?

Those would be the easiest places to look at...

/ric