cc:Mail Link to SMTP Undeliverable Message: Unknown user: CNET T221C
Wed, 08 Apr 98 10:45:41 -0600

--simple boundary

At 09:19 08/04/98 -0500, you wrote:

domain account with us using NTMail. They retrieve their mail using
Pullmail to POP their mail down to their Exchange server via a 33.6

receives large attachments, which causes their connection to hang. The
customer would like us to insitute a maximum incoming message size for
their account, but as far as I can tell, NTMail only has that
functionality for full domain accounts.

<bold>Matt Stratton, MCP

</bold><smaller>Systems Integrator

AIS Network

847.882.0493 x124 (Vox)

847.882.0201 (Fax)

Matt, you are right that in NTMail 3.03 the mail limits apply to the whole
domain so, without creating a specific domain for them, you have to make this a
global setting.

In version 4 (due for release in May), it will be possible to do this on a user

Have you got them to check that their client timeout is set to a large enough
value? Also I seem to remember that Microsoft had a knowledge base article about
increasing the TCP/IP MTU, especially for Win 95 clients. Getting the latest DUN
can help also.

-Regards, Lloyd

Lloyd Brunt NTMail/NTList on

Techincal Support NT Products on

Internet Shopper Sales Tel: +44 1275 340333, Fax: 340056

NTISP Mailing List

--simple boundary

Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 16:26:42 +0100
From: Lloyd Brunt <>