Re: SSL on IIS

Darryl Harvey ( )
Tue, 07 Apr 1998 13:20:30 +1000

Maybe I should re-phrase it;

I have several domains and WWW sites running on IIS v3.0 NT4sp3.

The main domain of the machine is, one of the second domains
is I bought a secure certificate for

I installed the certificate, and assigned it to the same IP as, so as far as I am concerned, it is *NOT* attached to at all. Am I right at saying that ?

I assigned the secure certificate to a directory /secure.

If I use I get an error.

If I use it works

Would you expect this? I wouldn't.

Is it possible to get it to work with, if so, what have I
done wrong and what do I need to do to correct this (Even if I must get
another cert)