Re: http://domainname

Steve Coleman ( (no email) )
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 10:44:39 -0700

Then I guess our mail server doesn't work properly. If I have the MX record
pointing to the mail server x.x.x.2 and the @ pointing to the WEB server
x.x.x.3, the mail server will try and forward the incoming mail to the web
server. I have seen it in the log say something to the effect of "looking
up domain.com: IP Address x.x.x.3". Can't establish connection.

Steve

>Uhh...
>
>MX records be damned, I guarantee your webserver aint gonna serve mail, nor
>your mailserver serve web pages. *puzzled*. If the webserver and
>mailserver are on the same machine, OF COURSE they're gonna resolve the
>same. They don't have to be on seperate IP addresses...
>
>Put a "@ IN A I.P.ADDY" entry to point at "domain.com" and put the MX
>records to whatever. You're making it a bit harder than it has to be. :)
>
>At 09:11 PM 4/2/98 -0700, Steve Coleman wrote:
>>What do you do if your mail and WWW server are on the same machine?
>>
>>If we put a @ entry pointing to our Web server, our mail server does it's
MX