Re: USR Netservers and packet loss

Michael Whisenant ( )
Thu, 02 Apr 1998 11:40:02 -0600

To resolve your Quake problem do the following, if you have not tried this

1. From the Netserver do a sh mem.
2. Get the memory on the Netserver upgraded to at least 16MB DRAM and 8MB
Flash RAM.
3. Upgrade to Netserver code 3.7.24 or later.

I had this problem and eliminated it by doing the above. I have heard of
another problem related to IP address pools on the Netserver, which can
cause this. For example in a typical class C address space using the older
1706 chassis bundles I would configure my machines as follows:

NSR1 IP Pool Start limt 46
NSR2 IP Pool Start limt 46
NSR3 IP Pool Start limt 46
NSR4 IP Pool Start limt 46
NSR5 IP Pool Start limt 46

I use .1 as the router and have static addresses available from .13 to .24
per class C for servers locally, etc....