RE: Hacker

Brian Rudnicke ( rudnicke@CRYSTAL-IMAGES.com )
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 23:07:48 -0600

That program was called WinNuke.exe. It sent your computer bad ICMP
packets, at least that's what I was told. To fix this problem on a NT
machine, install Service Pack 3. On windows95, there is a fix, but I
have no idea where Microsoft has this on their site. I would try
searching the knowledge base with the keyword "winnuke".

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Kelly Wright [SMTP:kelly@buz.net]
Sent: Monday, March 30, 1998 7:51 PM
To: ntisp@iea-software.com
Subject: Hacker

We have a server that keeps locking up.=A0 I was wanting to know
if it might be a hacker.=A0 I remember a while back reading something
about a program someone can use to lockup a win95 or NT machine by
knowing the IP.=A0 Is there a patch that can protect against such a =
user.=A0
I think that is our problem.=A0 No error logs are showing up on what =
the
problem is.
=09
Kelly Wright ( kelly@buz.net <mailto:kelly@buz.net> )