Re: Can this be done?

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 22:57:11 -0800

Amitai Rottem wrote:

> We are looking to let users use a maximum amount of hours for a certain
> charge, and then based on their decision while online (or at the start of
> the month if it is too hard) do one of the following:
> 1) Disconnect them, and not let them log in anymore that month.
> 2) If they decide to continue, "upgrade" them to a larger plan that will
> give them 'X' more hours.
>
> Could this be done? Is this an easy feature of Emerald or something we'll be
> working day and night on?

Currently, Emerald can just bill for the over usage. We've had some
requests for multi-rate plans, and may offfer that feature in the
future.

> What about the option to ask them online how they want to continue, will
> this make our plan much more complicated? (Remember we are not experienced
> professional, but a small group of volunteers that have general knowledge of
> the field).

It would be challenging. The issue is prompting them. You could
have a page for them to log into and see thier current time and
opt to change their plan, but being pro-active might be fairly
difficult.