Re: Win 95 DUN Missing Protocols

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 12:43:19 -0500

> From: Mike@NetDotCom <mikek@netdotcom.com>
> Has anyone ever encountered this error on Win 95 Dial-Up Networking?
>
> User goes into the "Server Type(s)" settings and there is no choices for
> protocol.
>
> I've seen this twice and haven't found a fix.

I think I came across this one time several months ago. More than likely,
I removed the Dial-Up Networking connection profile, then uninstalled DUN
as well as all network components in the Control Panel | Network. A lot of
people don't do complete uninstalls so some things are left in the
registry, etc. and when they reinstall the components, some settings never
changed.
See:
http://support.talstar.com/reinstall-dun.txt
and