Re: ShivaPPP Dialer for Win 3.x

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 16:04:54 -0500

> From: cnet.t221c@smtp.cnet.navy.mil
> 1. The MS package basically requires 8 mb of RAM.

Internet Explorer 3.03 for Windows 3.1 or Windows NT 3.51
Processor: 486
Operating System: Windows 3.1 or Windows NT 3.51
Memory Requirements: 4MB RAM for Windows 3.1
12MB RAM for Windows NT 3.51
Disk Space:
6.3MB for Browser for Windows 3.1
8.4MB for Browser and Mail Client for Windows 3.1
9.5MB for Browser, Mail Client, and stack for Windows 3.1
11.5MB for Full installation for Windows 3.1
6.3MB for Browser and Java VM for Windows NT 3.51
11.5MB for Browser, Java VM and Mail Client for Windows NT 3.51

> 2. It is also very picky about the modem. If it don't like the
modem
> then you are out of luck.

Not necessarily. If you know of a an initialization string that works with
the modem (even something as plain as AT&F or something), then there's no
problem. Once you have a modem selected (like "Standard 28800 modem"), you
can modify the init string in the following file:
c:\iexplore\modems2.ini

This has come in handy on occasion when one of our Windows 3.1 users has
some crummy, generic, junk-modem.

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com