Re: Basic question: reverse IP registration

Kurt A. Butzin, DDS ( (no email) )
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 18:37:53 -0500

Check with your upstream provider and see if they are handling reverse DNS
for your class c block, if so ask them to delegate it to you. If your
upstream has responsibility for it, you can't register it yourself. Do an lookup on you domain and see who is primary for reverse for
your domain.

Kurt A. Butzin, DDS Molarnet Technologies, Inc
President 1936 Bay Street Saginaw, MI 48602 (517) 249-4638

Authorized iPSwitch WebVar (

-----Original Message-----
From: Allen Armstrong <>
To: <>
Date: Wednesday, March 18, 1998 1:24 PM
Subject: Basic question: reverse IP registration


How do I register my Class C licence for reverse ip lookups? As it
seems that my domain look-ups are only one way, Name to Ip. What is
the procedure? Do I fill out a web based form? Do have to pay
another fee? Who do I contact?

Thanks for any help,

Allen Armstrong
Network Administrator
Highland Secondary

NTISP Mailing List