Re: More Problems with DNS stopping randomly.

Michael Whisenant ( mwhisen@airnet.net )
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 18:12:53 -0600

Having a CNAME pointing to a CNAME is the number one problem. Example

www.whatever.com CNAME webserver.whatever.com
webserver.whatever.com CNAME alpha.whatever.com
alpha.whatever.com CNAME beta.whatever.com
beta.airnet.net A 123.123.123.123

Now this is an over simplification and would work anytime, anywhere, but if
you were crossing domains, such a virtual web hosting etc... then later
removed the A record or changed the A record then all heck would break
loose. (This according to Metainfo!) I had a problem like this and they
referred this to me. I deleted every domain/zone, started from scratch and
have had no problems in many months.