Re: News Feed

Ray Carpenter ( ray@systec.com )
Tue, 03 Mar 1998 09:43:38 -0500

Just wanted to thank everyone for responding. But I have a couple of more
questions.

If you were starting this (news feed) from scratch and wanted to sleep at
night what hardware config would you go with, using NT as the OS.

Also has anyone besides John checked into a news service. Currently we use
zippo and their service ranges from incredibly fast to horribly slow.
Everyone we have looked at seems to be on the west coast and we're on the
east coast. The closest to us is SuperNews (if I remember correctly) and
their 14 hops away. If anyone knows of a service on the east coast I'd
appreciate knowing about it.

Thanks

Ray