Re: OT: Multiple monitors

Mitchell B. Wagers ( wizard@ocsnet.net )
Sat, 21 Feb 1998 02:12:53 -0800

NT4 already supports multiple video cards, but I don't recommend that for
JUST using two monitors. I'd suggest you either buy an RGB plugged monitor
w/ an RGB outbreak box. The box takes your 15pin DSUB cable from the video
card and spits out 4 coax-type cables; one each of Red, Green, Blue, and an
RGB Control cable. Professional ViewSonics have the RGB plug capability and
you can buy boxes that support 8 monitors (most I've seen). Be warned, the
boxes aren't cheap!

If you are trying to do something like presentations or training and you
want control over someones' desktop, there is wonderful software called
Remotely Possible 32 for this. You can grant certain permissions to users
and control exactly what they do. You can have several remote desktops
showing on your screen while doing anything else in the software too. You
can project your screen onto their desktops...possibilities are endless. :)
Take a peak at it...www.microsoft.com and go to their Shareware/Freeware
section. If you can't find it, I'll dig up the address for the company.