RE: inetinfo.exe error

James A. Tucker ( (no email) )
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 16:55:13 -0600

I just called their "engineers" about the "web server central configuration
busy" error. It seemed no-one had a clear answer as to what causes this
problem. The "engineer" stated that I need to give the IUSR account RWXD
permissions instead of just RWD permissions. When did anonymous user need to
have execute permissions on a lock file with no contents? IF it were a
permissions problem, why does rebooting the server correct the problem?

While talking with the customer service lady, I asked about who to call about
getting the updated asp.dll file version 1.23.11. She asked what was ASP. I
told her it was a part of IIS. "What is IIS?" she replied. I greatly lost
confidence.

If anybody has the updated asp.dll version 1.23.11 please email it to me. I'm
not confident Microsoft Support will know what the #)($)(* I'm talking about!
This asp.dll corrects the Invalid Application Error when trying to execute an
ASP file in a subweb/subdirectory.

A previous list member stated that there are some RAM checkers. Can anyone
point to a freeware version for NT server or do I have to buy a product to do
this? Do I trust the boot-up RAM checker? Nope.

My inetinfo.dll could be the result of Microsoft's sloppy handling of ISAPI and
memory space.

IF anyone on the list has a question on the FrontPage extensions, feel free to
email me. You can also visit my FrontPage website at
http://www.TNTenterprises.com/frontpage/ - The FrontPage 98 Refugee Camp.

Thanks to everyone for making this list one of the best and most informative!
:)

James A. Tucker
Tucker and Tucker Enterprises
318.335.2874