Re: your mail

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 09:48:10 -0800 ()

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Seth Crimmins wrote:

> As you all know, when you have an ISP, you have more than one database due
> to the numerous amounts of services. When a user is added to the User
> Domain, it really bothers me that sometimes it takes so long for other
> computers on the domain or other services to realize that this user exists.
> I am trying to find a way to quickly run a group of functions throughout the
> systems to update, create, etc. based on a user in the domain without it
> having to wait for recognition of that user.

My first comment would be using the NT SAM for this kind of stuff
really isn't a great choice.

You can force a sync of the domain controllers using something
like the server manager for domains. There could be an API
for this (to automate it), but I am not sure.

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
IEA Software, Inc. | RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs
Internet Solutions for Today | http://www.iea-software.com