Re: NEED a web page to check username!!!

John Lange ( radadmin@palacenet.net )
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 22:20:08 -0600

Dale & All <--- Thanks --->

I am trying my best to understand this CF stuff. I was wondering about the
difference between CFQUERY & DBQUERY. I have looked at many sample
templates, and tried to understand them. I even read the book.

Before I load this one on my server and blow something up, could you tell
me if this will deliver the desired results? Or please relieve my agony
and write it for me.

I have named the file CheckName.dbm and think it should be called like this:
<FORM ACTION="http://www.palacenet.net/~wsapi/cfusion?template=CheckName.dbm">

<!--- DBML template for username lookup --->
<!--- Input values expected: Name (form field) --->

<!--- Query database --->
<CFQUERY NAME="CheckName" DATASOURCE="Emerald">
SELECT Login From SubAccounts Where Login='#Form.Name#' or
Shell='#Form.Name#'
</CFQUERY>

<!--- Page header --->
PALACE dot NET, INC. Username Search Results

PALACE dot NET, INC.
Username Search Results

<--- Display results --->

User #Form.Name# Is Available. Return to Home Is Not Available. Please Select Another

At 12:55 PM 2/12/98 -0800, you wrote:
>John Lange wrote:
>>
>> I have absolutely "NO" ability to write this and am begging some one to do
>> this for me....
>>
>> I need a web page that people can check to see if a username is being used
>> on our Emerald server. It "HAS" to run on NT and WebSite Pro 1.1h with
>> perl or CF or something.
>>
>> All it has to do is check to see if a visitor name entered is already in
>> use and return a friendly answer.
>

>Create a form that has a text field called "name" and then
>call a file with this in it (you'll need to add contents around it).
>

><CFQUERY NAME="CheckName" DATASOURCE="Emerald">
> SELECT Login From SubAccounts Where Login='#Form.Name#' or
Shell='#Form.Name#'
></CFQUERY>
>
><CFOUTPUT>
><h2>User #Form.Name#
>
><CFIF #CheckName.RecordCount# IS 0>
> Available.
><CFELSE>
> Not Available. Please Select Another
></CFIF>
>
></H2>
></CFOUTPUT>
>

>--
>Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)

John C. Lange, Sr. PALACE dot NET, INC.
microjl@palacenet.net MICRO-TECH Computers, Inc.
608.742.1601 & 6980 2800 New Pinery Road
http://www.palacenet.net/ Portage, WI 53901
Visit our online store @ http://www.microt.com/
Authorized iPSwitch WebVar @ http://www.microt.com/iPSwitch/index.html

--- __o