Re: NEED a web page to check username!!!

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 12:55:30 -0800

John Lange wrote:
> I have absolutely "NO" ability to write this and am begging some one to do
> this for me....
> I need a web page that people can check to see if a username is being used
> on our Emerald server. It "HAS" to run on NT and WebSite Pro 1.1h with
> perl or CF or something.
> All it has to do is check to see if a visitor name entered is already in
> use and return a friendly answer.

Create a form that has a text field called "name" and then
call a file with this in it (you'll need to add contents around it).

SELECT Login From SubAccounts Where Login='#Form.Name#' or Shell='#Form.Name#'

<h2>User #Form.Name#

<CFIF #CheckName.RecordCount# IS 0>
Not Available. Please Select Another