RE: NEED a web page to check username!!!

rkm ( )
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 17:40:58 -0500

Gee Dale... I didn't realize you worked so cheap! Let me look here at my
TO-DO list..... Tell the boss (or your partners) that you need a raise.

Richard Marshall

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale E. Reed Jr. []
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 1998 3:56 PM
Subject: Re: NEED a web page to check username!!!

John Lange wrote:
> I have absolutely "NO" ability to write this and am begging some one to
> this for me....
> I need a web page that people can check to see if a username is being
> on our Emerald server. It "HAS" to run on NT and WebSite Pro 1.1h with
> perl or CF or something.
> All it has to do is check to see if a visitor name entered is already in
> use and return a friendly answer.

Create a form that has a text field called "name" and then
call a file with this in it (you'll need to add contents around it).

SELECT Login From SubAccounts Where Login='#Form.Name#' or

<h2>User #Form.Name#

<CFIF #CheckName.RecordCount# IS 0>
Not Available. Please Select Another

--Dale E. Reed Jr.  (       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |