Re: NT 4.0 RAS & Radius 2.0

Kevin Ingram ( (no email) )
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 12:51:09 -0600

I don't know if this applies to the radius you are using, but with RadiusNT
you have to delete CHAP and SPAP from the registry at
HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/RasMan/PPP on any machines running
RRAS. I use Portmasters and several NT RRAS machines all authing from three
different RadiusNT servers, and all RRAS systems have to have its registry
changed as above.

Kevin Ingram
Access Online Staff support@cameron.net
http://www.cameron.net
-----Original Message-----
From: Karl Hamson <khamson@mail.sage.net>
To: ntisp@emerald.iea.com <ntisp@emerald.iea.com>
Date: Thursday, February 12, 1998 11:44 AM
Subject: NT 4.0 RAS & Radius 2.0

I am having problems getting NT 4.0 to authenticate with our
UNIX (Linux) based Livingston Radius Server v2.0

I'm using NT 4.0 with all the RAS updates. NT will not authenticate off
our Radius server, however our detail file for NT machine shows
some activity, just codes that don't seem to make sense.
Here is a sample of what shows up in the Radius detail file for that
machine:

Wed Feb 11 19:13:30 1998
Acct-Status-Type= 7
Timestamp = 887246010

The Radius server works fine with our Portmaster 3.

Has anyone run into the same problem, and solved it..?.

Thanks,
Karl Hamson / khamson@sage.net / Sage Networks Inc.