Re: MRTG on NT

Mitchell B. Wagers ( (no email) )
Sun, 01 Feb 1998 11:29:58 -0800

Yeah, this means your router doesn't understand your request, "NoSuchName."
Try just using a simple target, like:

Target[yourrouter]: 1:public@ip.of.your.router

That's a simple, universal, request. Also, here's a hint to everyone that
uses MRTG. It's best if you don't use the public community for reading
purposes on your router, I would suggest changing it to something more
uncommon. Unless you specify hosts with the public community, anyone can
read your stats. One could inevitable bring a router to a screeching halt
by placing an SNMP load on it because they know the community. Just a hint!

Try that first, Kurt...