Compaq Isporte vs. Ascend 4048

John David M. Miller ( (no email) )
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 17:54:34 -0500

We are adding additional dial in lines. I was wondering
if anyone is using both the Compaq (Microcom) Isporte and the
Ascend 4048.

Our 4048 has been great but I really don't need any more routers
at this point and one of the areas I serve does not have PRI service
so ISDN is not a issue.

How does the modem performance and reliability compare. Any
issues when authenticating to RadiusNT with the Compaq?

I had hoped to be able to evaluate Computone's new product
but it does not look like it will available in time.

Any other suggestions for digital modem access servers would
also be appreciated.

Thanks,

John David M. Miller
"Computers are useless, they only give us the answers." - Pablo Picasso