Re: IIS4.0 security problems

John David M. Miller ( (no email) )
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 15:04:57 -0500

Have you tried adding the everyone group to the directory
permissions themselves? (RX RX Access) Narrowing
your permissions from there will at least help determine
if this is the problem.

John David M. Miller
"Computers are useless, they only give us the answers." - Pablo Picasso

-----Original Message-----
From: ACCS Internet <internet@accs.net>
To: ntisp@emerald.iea.com <ntisp@emerald.iea.com>
Date: Thursday, January 15, 1998 2:30 PM
Subject: Re: IIS4.0 security problems

At 01:41 PM 1/15/98 -0500, you wrote:
>In the properties for the site check your anonymous access.
>The YOURSERVER_IUSR account is probably not listed there.
>
>The is all from within the IIS management console.
>
>John David M. Miller

Thanks,
but that I have already checked. I made sure to explicitly list the domain
also that the anonymous account comes from. Still no dice. Even when it
prompts for a username none of the accounts (administrative or non) seem to
work. But I have definitley checked that part out. I have even created a
new anonymous web account and set IIS to use that one instead and changed
the NTFS
permissions to reflect this new anonymous user. Any other thoughts?

-Jason Kallner
ACCS Internet Services
internet@accs.net