Re: IIS 4.0 FTP Setup

Will LaSala ( will@greennet.net )
Wed, 7 Jan 1998 11:21:36 -0500

>I'm not sure I understand, are you saying you can ftp from an NT
>workstation and it works fine?

No, I mean I can logon to the Network using the same account but
I can't logon to the FTP server using that account. I just put that in
there
because the only way I could be absolutly sure that I wasn't
entering th password incorrectly.

> If your NT server is in Stand Alone mode,
>then whether it's an NT box or 95 or Linux or Solaris, it doesn't make any
>difference.
>FTP Accounts should be setup with their own group permissions.

I set up the FTP users Group with the correct permissions.
It's still a no go. I worked fine with IIS 3.0 using the exact same
settings
I realize that I'm missing something I just cannot find it at all.
I given the FTP users group read access to the ftproot directory still
nothing happens.

Thanks for your help
Webmaster
* "Link Locally ~ Surf Globally" http://www.greennet.net *
* Come Play On Our Game Server *
* Serving northeastern Massachusetts, southern New Hampshire *
* TEL: 508-363-8898 FAX: 508-363-1225 email:will@greennet.net*