Re: What files does Windows 95 check when it boots up ?

Danny Sinang ( (no email) )
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 08:58:43 -0000

> When you say "flickers," do you mean it flashes back and forth a bit? Or
> are you referring to flicker as in slow (56Hz) refresh rate? I've seen
> some boxes do a little flashing back and forth between dos-like boot up
> screens and then back to the 95 blue sky.

I've never seen it with my own eyes. It's just been described over the
phone. I suspect it's the flashing between dos-like boot up screens and the
95 blue sky. I've been able to lessen them by tinkering with autoexec.bat
and config.sys. I'mm down to just one flicker now.

Personally, I don't mind the flicker. But the user insists that it wasn't
like that before her little daughter turned off the PC without shutting it
down properly. Any ideas on what this might have done to her system ?

She also took notice of other computers as they booted up and didn't see
any flicker.

Now, if this last flicker is caused by the refresh rate, how do I get it
back to "normal" - meaning, no flickers ?

- Danny